What To Do After An Accident
Call A Hamden Personal Injury Lawyer For Help: 203-490-4155
After an accident, the situation can be chaotic. But knowing what to do can make the situation less stressful and may even be helpful to your personal injury claim down the line. Learn more about what you should do after an accident below. If you have any questions about the information we provided, feel free to contact our Hamden personal injury attorneys at Sette & Parnoff, PC.
After an accident, it is important that you:
- Check if you have any injuries. Even the most minor accidents can cause serious injuries. If another individual was hurt, call an ambulance. It is also important that you take note of any pain or symptoms you are experiencing and report it to a medical professional.
- Stay at the scene, and contact the police. Do not leave the scene. Wait for the police to arrive, and provide them with as much information as possible so you have a thorough police report. Request a copy of that report later, and use it to file your claim.
- Get information. You should also try to gather as much information as you can about the other driver, including their name, address, contact information, insurance information and more. Be sure to request contact information from any witnesses as well.
- Do not admit fault. Never admit to fault when you are speaking to the driver, police, or insurance adjusters. This can be used against you in the future when you are filing a claim.
- Seek medical attention. See a doctor immediately whether you believe you have been injured. Some injuries do not appear until much later in the day, so monitor your symptoms and report it to your doctor immediately.
- Contact our team at Sette & Parnoff, PC. Our personal injury team can help you file a claim, advise you of your rights and guide you through the entire claims process.