Despite multiple public safety initiatives over the years and an increased awareness of the dangers of drunk and distracted driving, Connecticut continues to see more than its fair share of injurious and fatal car and truck accidents. But which of Connecticut’s roads are the most dangerous? Let’s take a look and let us know in the comments below if you think there are other dangerous roads in the state that should’ve made the list.
- I-95: This is identified by some to be the most dangerous road in the state, especially between Stratford and Bridgeport. This interstate is known for high speeds and traffic congestion, which is an oftentimes deadly combination. Throw winter weather and distracted driving in the mix and you have a recipe for disaster.
- Route 6: This road has many hazards, including unexpected curves and many drunk and distracted drivers. Poor road conditions can also cause motorists to swerve to avoid potholes, which can result in serious accidents.
- I-91: This interstate is the most heavily traveled north-south road in the state. The traffic volume increases the risk of accidents here, with many people traveling to Yale’s campus or visiting Six Flags.
- Route 17: This short stretch of highway is known for its problematic on and off ramps, which all too often results in rear-end collisions.
- SR-10: This stretch of road in New Haven results in many accidents, especially in the mile-long portion of it between Kimberly Avenue and Boston Post Road. This road also has high pedestrian traffic. Hundreds of crashes occur on this street each year.
- I-84: This interstate had slightly fewer accidents than I-95 over a recent four-year stretch, with 20,205, but that number is still significant, leaving several individuals with injuries.
- Route 15: This roadway also sees thousands of accidents each year. In fact, the same four-year timeframe mentioned above saw approximately 19,000 accidents.
Of course, these are just some of the most dangerous roads in Connecticut. There are others that have hazardous curves, an extensive number of pedestrians, and an increased risk of dangerous behaviors like speeding and distraction. Let us know in the comments below which roads you think are the most dangerous and why.
What should you do if you’re injured in a car accident?
If you’re injured in a wreck, then you might need to consider taking legal action against the driver who caused your accident. But even if the accident seems clean cut, there may be evidentiary issues that threaten your ability to recover the compensation that you need to offset your losses. You have to know how to adequately navigate those issues if you want to protect your ability to find accountability and secure the financial stability that you need to offset medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
Fortunately, an attorney who is experienced in handling these kinds of cases can help you navigate the intricacies of your case. That way you’ll be better positioned to not only establish liability but also recover the compensation that you need, including money to alleviate any pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life that you’ve experienced.
So, if you’re ready to be proactive in asserting your rights and securing your future, then now may be the best time for you to reach out to a legal team that you feel will aggressively advocate for your interests.